I help businesses to apply technology to deliver compelling customer propositions.
I make sense of customer needs and technology capabilities to develop strategy and an implementation approach.
I am equally comfortable working at board level, liaising with the developers, or talking directly to customers and front line staff.
Prior to establishing F17, I spent nearly 8 years as part of the senior team at thetrainline.com, through a period of intensive growth - shaping product direction and overseeing product delivery across a wide range of areas. Since then, through F17 I have worked across a range of strategic projects focused on transport ticketing, payment and e-commerce.
To discuss how F17 might be able to help you - please contact me:
In addition to myself, I have built a network of other individuals and trusted consultancies that I can draw upon where appropriate.
Interesting opportunities always welcomed - from short-term and part-time opportunities, through to medium term interim work.
A selection of the themes I've worked on are listed below.
- Implementing digital / ecommerce best practice: usability; web analytics, campaign management, retargeting, attribution, multi-variate testing, big(ish) data
- Top ranking native mobile apps, responsive web
- SEO, PPC, display, network advertising, retargeting, attribution, affiliates, social media
- Digital ticketing – mobile ticket, barcode, smartcard, NFC
- Payments – debit/credit card, PayPal, digital wallets, mobile payments, contactless, fraud management
- Establishing efficient, well motivated, cross-functional product development processes
- Agile (and Scrum, Lean and Kanban), product aligned cross-functional teams, implementing dev-ops. Continuous integration, Continuous deployment.
- Automated testing, automated deployment. User stories. BDD. In-house on-shore; outsourced off-shore. Real-time performance & KPI monitoring.
- Blending basic, progressive, and transformational changes into optimal backlog
- Recruiting, leading and motivating various teams, aligning accountability and autonomy
- Leading and supporting numerous tenders for new business & renewal
- Supporting IPO preparation; PE sale; refinancing
- Working with government and politicians to help influence execution of government policy
- Native mobile apps & responsive web - iOS, Android, Bootstrap
- Virtualisation and cloud readiness
- Designing for scale, high availability, transactional systems, fail-safe and supportability
- Publishing all key functionality through APIs; consuming APIs
- Portalised configurable platform delivered as multiple brands
- Complete platform refresh transitioning to on-going refresh
- Security best practice, PCI-DSS implementation, DDoS management
- Performance monitoring & management; proactive capacity planning
- A wide range of public transport and rail specific domain experience - particularly around ticketing and retail
- Good understanding of industry structure, Politics, suppliers and other parties
- Rail data feeds, ticketing, real-time information, industry systems
- Reservations, pricing, revenue management, timetables, mobile ticketing, barcode, smartcard, ITSO